Hand offload vs. Liftgate Deliveriesadmin
The driver will take your skid to the back of the truck, cut the straps and hand the pieces down to you. Most individual pieces weigh no more than 30-50 lbs. There is a time limit of 15-20 free minutes so it is best to have someone there to assist you.
The driver will take your skid to the back of the truck, place it on the liftgate, lower it to the ground and place it next to the truck.
Use the plastic shipping tarp to cover and protect your pieces until you are ready start your project. When finished using it for this…repurpose it!
On the day of the delivery:
- On the morning of the delivery, call the carrier to confirm your shipment is on schedule. Carriers typically deliver between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – make sure you are present or have someone available to receive the shipment.
- Make sure your delivery location is easily accessible to the truck and driver. Move vehicles if necessary. Drivers are not allowed to deliver freight that they deem dangerous to themselves or that may damage your property etc.
When the truck arrives: While the unit is still in the truck, confirm the shipping label has your name, address and is the correct product. If not, call us immediately.
- Damages (IMPORTANT)
At the time of delivery, DO NOT SIGN until you have inspected the freight! Look inside the truck to make sure the unit is not damaged before unloading.
- If hand offloading, briefly check all the pieces as they are handed to you.
- If liftgated down, take a minute or two to cut the straps and pull off the tarp. Check for corner damages, wood chips, sharp cuts and gaugesin the product and if the pallet is broken.
Occasionally the driver will be in a rush and want you to sign quickly. It is your right to take a few minutes to inspect the freight. If you notice any damages, please make the notation ‘damaged’ on the delivery receipt upon signing for the receipt of the goods. Take pictures of anything you think looks like damage, including the pallet and call our Customer support line at 1-888-658-1658. If there is damage, it is usually quicker and easier to send replacement pieces. It is our policy to replace any broken or damaged pieces immediately and to your satisfaction if this notation is shown on the proof of delivery on the carrier’s copy.
- Remember – You do not have to accept the freight! If your freight shows catastrophic damage, ie – not on a pallet or with multiple pieces broken and sticking out and without our plastic wrap, you can refuse the delivery. Please call our customer support line at 1-888-658-1658 immediately so we can advise you how to proceed.
Read more: Hand offload vs. Liftgate Deliveries